This article describes the workflow and the options you have when you are synchronising and uploading or downloading information from or to Room, Door, Interior and Asset manager in BIMeye from Revit. And geometry to Door and Asset manager.
The first dialog is a reminder. If you are multiple users working in the same projects using worksharing (Revit). It is important that the model you are working in and are synchronising is updated (synchronised with the Revit Centralfile) and no objects are locked in worksharing by other project members.
If you don't have updated your file and want to do that, then you can select No/ Nej here and the sync process is stopped and you and your project members are able to ensure that the project is updated and no objects are locked because of Teamwork/Worksharing.
If you select Ja/ Yes the synchronisation process will start and you will get some more options.
The fastest way to synchronise with BIMeye is to use the Automatic mode option.
Select if you want to download or upload from BIMeye or both.
And then click Start.
Synchronising with this option will give you a complete synchronisation with no need or options for configuring parameters and check the result on the web berfore accepting.
When the synchronisation process is done you will get a report that informs you about the process and the result.
Full dialog support sync
If you want to create parameters in Revit and get a better overview over the hole synchronisation process you can select the second option.
The Parameter Configuration dialog is shown and you can select which parameters you want to create in your model (if they are configured i BIMeye to be created in model).
Next option is to select Sync Direction. Download or Upload from or to BIMeye.
When the first part of the synchronisation process is finished, you will get a report that informs you about the process and the result. You can now continue to work in the model but the synchronisation process with uploading and updating objects/information on BIMeye will continue in the background.
Auto-accept and finish the synchronisation, the process with uploading and updating information in BIMeye starts and continue until its done without options to check the result before accepting or rejecting the process.
And if you tick the Save model changes, your model will be saved, but please remember to Synchronise with Revit Central model file!
This option gives you a possibility to check the result in BIMeye and then Accept or Reject before the uploading and updating is completely done.
If you Accept the update and upload continues until it is finished.
If you Reject a Rollback will be done and the information in BIMeye will be restored as it looked like before the synchronisation was started.
Use Undo option in the model if you also want to Rollback your model.
Synchronise model geometry
Synchronise model geometry, is only visible if the viewer is activated in your project.
How the geometry from the model is exported is controlled in a 3D view. Create for example an Export to BIMeye 3D view with the right information visible and open or select that view when you synchronise geometry.
Revit tracks the phase in which views or elements are created or demolished. The Room information for the objects are also affected by the Phases, Room Name and Number that the objects gets from the Room objects in the Revit model can be different depending on current Phase. Phase selection affects Interior, Door and Asset manager in BIMeye.
To get the right phase information synchronised to BIMeye you can use the Settings dialog in the lower left corner of the Synchronisation Option dialog.
Three options regarding phases are available.
- Most Future phase (Xxxx) : This forces objects with to, from and in room information to look for surrounding rooms in the most future phase defined. This is how Revit normally operates in Schedules.
- Preset Phase: This forces to, from and in room information to look for surrounding rooms in the preselected phase.
- Same phase as each objects create phase: This forces objects with to, from and in room information to look for surrounding rooms in the same phase as the object itself was created.
Full or Partial sync
Full sync means that you synchronise your entire model without selecting anything at the time for synchronisation. With a Full sync all information on all objects will be updated if you select to synchronise both to and from BIMeye/model, new objects will get their GUIDSs registred and objects deleted in the model will be expired in BIMeye.
If objects are reserved or locked in Teamwork or Worksharing by other project members the sync will be partial, see the part Sync workflow in this article.
Partial sync means that you select one or more objects at the time of the synchronisation. Only these selected objects are then synchronized and updated.
We recommend that you follow this workflow if you are multiple people working in the same project with Teamwork or Worksharing.
If you work alone in a smaller project, it is important that you save your project after synchronizing with BIMeye, to save all objects GUIDs and updated information.
- Do send and recive and ask all project memebers to do the same if they are working with the objects you are going to update.
- Reserve the objects you want to synchronise. This to be sure that no one else are reserving them during the synchronisation process.
- Synchronise with BIMeye to or/and from.
- Send and recive to save all updated information
- Tell the members it's done and they can now update and continue to work.
- Ask all project members to synchronise and relinquish their local copy of the model with the central file.
- Synchronise your local copy eith the central.
- Synchronise with BIMeye
- Synchronise with Central file
- Tell the members it's done and they can now update their local copies and continue work.