CAD Tracker helps you keep track off cad files in your project. The function detects .dwg, .dxf and .dgn files. The dialog of this tool is modeless, so you can move the window aside and continue to work in Revit at the same time.
The left side lists all CAD files in your project and on the right side is a list of views the CAD files can be displayed in.
The main features of the tool are:
- Displaying all CAD files from the project,
- Displaying basic information about CAD files,
- Removing CAD files from the project,
- Displaying information about views in which the files are visible,
- Showing/hiding the CAD files from selected views.
Before running the tool make sure that you have either linked or imported a CAD file in your project. To link a CAD file in Revit, go to Insert tab and chose Link CAD. To import a CAD file go to Insert tab and chose Import CAD.
The workflow consists of following steps:
- Run CAD Tracker from Manage Project drop-down. Now all CAD files in your project are listed.
- The info about date of the last change and file size are displayed in second and third column,
- 2D/3D tells you whether the dwg-link is 2D or 3D (2D means that the file is owned by a view)
- Insert Type tells you whether the selected CAD element is linked or imported into project.
- Base Level shows the Level in which the file was imported.
- To hide a CAD file in a specific view uncheck the checkbox in Visible column in the appropriate view(s) on the right side.
- Delete lets you delete selected CAD element(s) from your project.
- You can search for views by name using Filter search bar.
Notes and tips:
If the CAD file is imported to "Current view only", you will see only one view in Placed in Views table
In projects with many created views, showing 2D CAD files that are inside of an in-place family will take some time. However, there is a progress bar with Cancel button shown after toggling this checkbox.