NOTE: THIS RELEASE CONTAINS MAJOR INSTALLATION CHANGES - READ THOROUGHLY!
The installation package for the Naviate C3D 15.3.1 release has been completely reworked, and contain the following major changes:
- The three old language-specific packages have been merged into a single installation package. Language content selection is made by default on the locale of the PC, or on the combination of any old language-specific packages installed. The selection can be modified manually in the dialog interface during installation, and also at any time after the installation using the Modify option of the Add/Remove programs dialog (Windows 8: Change option in the Programs and Features dialog).
- This release will automatically uninstall any combination of older Naviate C3D 2015.x.x packages during install.
- The version number has changed from 2015.x.x to 15.x.x, in order to adhere to Microsoft standards.
- The license settings are defined in the dialog interface during installation as before, but they can also be changed at any time after the installation using the Modify option of the Add/Remove programs dialog.
- The parameter set for scripted installation (without user interaction) has changed - see the "Scripted installation" section below.
- The Naviate Local License Return manager is installed with Naviate C3D to simplify the management of local licenses.
- Local licenses are returned automatically on product uninstall.
Naviate for AutoCAD C3D 2015 has the following prerequisites:
- A computer running Windows 7x64 or Windows 8x64 (32-bit OS is no longer supported).
AutoCAD C3D 2015
If you have bought the Naviate product(s), the license e-mail with your unique license number(s).
- Administrative user rights to run the installation.
Getting the installation files
Download and unzip the installation file from your Naviate Community account or from the Naviate Community trial page.
Currently there are three types of licensing for the Naviate products - trial, local and network. If you are using the 30-day trial you can skip this section and go directly to the next.
Local (SLM) or network (NLM) licenses both require license numbers. When ordering any of the licensed Naviate products your will receive an e-mail with your unique license number(s), automatically sent from our license system.
If you have ordered network licenses you will need to set up a license server service on one of the servers in your local network.
Please follow the instructions in the license e-mail and associated video instruction carefully, and set up the license server before you start deploying the Naviate products on the workstation PCs. When the server is set up, make a test installation of the Naviate product and verify that the licensing is working properly before proceeding with the remaining computers.
Double-click on the MSI file to start the installation. Then follow the on-screen instructions, and note the following:
- When entering customer data, please type in no-nonsense values! The information is used to simplify traceability for efficient support. You will only need to enter the information once since it is shared between all Naviate installations and will be filled in beforehand the next time you run a Naviate product installation.
- Select the proper type of licensing and enter the license number for the correct Naviate vertical supplied in the e-mail. If you are using network licensing, enter port number@server name as mentioned in the instruction video.
The Naviate for C3D installation can be run silently from the command line. The command line syntax is as follows:
msiexec /I “<msi>” <params> /qb
COMPANY=”company” - Company name
NAME=”name” - User/admin name
EMAIL=email - User/admin e-mail
PHONE=”number” - User/admin phone number
LANG=EN|NO|SE - Country code for content. Can be a single country code or combination of codes separated by semicolon.
LICENSETYPE_SUITE=Disabled|Trial|Local|Network - Selected license type
LICENSENUMBER_SUITE=number - Needed if LICENSETYPE_SUITE=Local|Network
LICENSETYPE_WATER=Disabled|Trial|Local|Network - Selected license type
LICENSENUMBER_WATER=number - Needed if LICENSETYPE=Local|Network
LICENSETYPE_ROAD=Disabled|Trial|Local|Network - Selected license type
LICENSENUMBER_ROAD=number - Needed if LICENSETYPE=Local|Network
LICENSETYPE_LANDSCAPE=Disabled|Trial|Local|Network - Selected license type
LICENSENUMBER_LANDSCAPE=number - Needed if LICENSETYPE=Local|Network
LICENSETYPE_TRAFFIC=Disabled|Trial|Local|Network - Selected license type
LICENSENUMBER_TRAFFIC=number - Needed if LICENSETYPE=Local|Network
LICENSETYPE_AUTOPATH=Disabled|Trial|Local|Network - Selected license type
LICENSENUMBER_AUTOPATH=number - Needed if LICENSETYPE=Local|Network
LICENSERVER=port@server - Needed if LICENSETYPE=Network
UPDATEMODE=0|2 - New in v15.3.1: Disables (0) or enables (2) the UpdateManager. Default is 2.
MANDATORY PARAMETERS AND DEFAULTS
The COMPANY, NAME, EMAIL, PHONE and LANG parameters are, except when updating, mandatory.
The licensing parameters are optional. If no parameter is specified, Suite will be Disabled and Trial will be used for all individual licenses.
If you already know that you do not want to test some of the applications, use the Disabled setting.
Suite licensing is used as an alternate licensing method for Naviate Water & Sewage, Road and Landscape. If you have a suite license, use the LICENSETYPE_SUITE and LICENSENUMBER_SUITE parameters, and omit the individual parameters for WATER, ROAD and LANDSCAPE.
Disabling expired trial licenses
The Trial licensing has a 30 day trial period whereafter it will start requiring a license number for continued use. To turn off the license request dialog after the trial period has expired, you need to disable the license. You can change the settings through Windows Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs -> Modify (Windows 8: Programs and Features -> Change), or uninstall and reinstall the product with new settings.
In order to enforce proper installation of the Naviate products a number of custom system and configuration tests are run. When running manual installation you will receive a message when any of the tests fails. When running scripted installation, messages are written to the log file if logging is active (see the Microsoft documentation for msiexec.exe) and the installation will generally terminate. The following custom tests are performed:
- Parameter check: Proper values for the parameters listed above has to be specified either from the registry for an existing installation (when updating), or from the command line, or from the user interface. If the parameter set is found incomplete, the installation will will display an error message and terminate. If this situation occurs during scripted installation, the installation will terminate. Check the property dump at the end of the log for parameters with CHECK_FAILED values to target the problem.
- Running AutoCAD sessions check: If one or more running AutoCAD sessions are found, a dialog is presented asking the user to shut them down before proceeding. This is because AutoCAD may lock the access to common Naviate for C3D files that are to be updated. If this situation occurs during scripted installation, the installation will terminate.